Thanks for the tag, Elina! If you’re looking for thoughtful YA, fantasy, and poetry book reviews, check out Elina’s blog aquapages!
What’s the Mystery Blogger Award?
“It’s an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion.” – Okoto Enigma
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
- Share a link to your best post(s).
Three Things About Me
- One of my biggest heroes as a writer and a human being is C.S. Lewis. In my AP Literature class almost six years ago, we watched Shadowlands on the last day and it really changed my perception of how important it is to love and be loved, even if it leads to sadness someday. Whenever I hear questions about which person, living or dead, you’d want to have dinner with, he’s always in my top three (along with Vincent van Gogh and Leonard Nimoy).
- I recently started a mini apartment window garden and am ecstatic about how much they’re growing!
- My favorite scent is lavender. I even like it in tea, which is probably weird but ah, well.
- Which book would you recommend people to read immediately?
Good Omens! It’s such a light and hilarious read and with the miniseries coming out in a few months, now is the ideal time to read it. Plus, it’s got a character who’s described as “English, intelligent, and gayer than a treeful of monkeys on nitrous oxide.” What more could you possibly want in life?
2. What’s the song you listened to most recently?
Lately I’ve been listening to a ton of Hozier since Wasteland, Baby! just came out. My favorites from his new album are “Would That I,” “Sunlight,” and “Almost (Sweet Music).” I’d keep going, but I’d have to list the whole album since they’re all so good. And also “Run” –it’s not from his new album but it’s a treasure.
Even though he’s straight, Hozier is by far my favorite queer icon and his Salt Lake City concert was such a temptation–I almost bought tickets but decided that, y’know, it’s probably better to afford food and housing. Lame.
I also have a pretty constant stream of twenty one pilots in my headphones because I’m eternally Tyler Joseph trash.
3. Favorite character trope?
This is going to show my fan fiction writing roots, but I’m always down for some sweet, sweet hurt/comfort.
4. What’s a hobby of yours outside of reading?
I am such an old person when it comes to hobbies. Besides writing and reading, I like hiking, meditating, and going to cultural events like plays and art museums and such. I’ve also been trying to brush up on my German lately since I had to study two years of it for my English degree and it’s been fading quickly. Ich spreche Deutsch nicht sehr gut, but ich denke es ist eine schöne sprache.
5. Recommend me some book blogs you follow!
Check out the nominations below for a ton of book and writer blogs!
For the Mystery Blogger Award, I nominate these amazing people:
- Des at Des’ Random Thoughts
- Alex Logan at Almost, Almost
- Erik McManus at Breakeven Books
- Avery at Red Rocket Panda
- Meeghan at Meeghan Reads and Bakes
- Acqua at Acquadimore Books
- Liv at Supernova Writes
- Satou Jones at Inkish Kingdoms
- Kathy at Pages Below the Vaulted Sky
- Sara at Not Another Book Blogger
And anyone else who would like to do it! If you want to make a Mystery Blogger Award post, consider yourself tagged!
- Paperback, hardcover, or ebook? Why?
2. What’s one book that made you laugh and one that made you cry?
3. If you had to describe yourself in three characters, which ones would they be?
4. What’s your favorite thing about spring?
5. List one thing that’s made you happy that happened this year.