Hey guys! I was nominated by Book Lover Blogs for the One Lovely Blog Award. Thanks so, so much! Check out her blog for book reviews and beautiful pictures, both are lovely.
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Share seven facts about yourself
- Nominate other bloggers and inform them of the nomination
SEVEN FACTS ABOUT ME:
1. I’m the oldest of five children and have four little sisters. They make me feel like the luckiest person in the world—I don’t know what I’d do without my crazy, wonderful family. Here’s all of us at my grandma’s for Easter!
2. As a freelance writer, one of my favorite things to do while working is listening to podcasts. It reminds me of when I was young and my dad would listen to talk shows while working, and it makes time pass faster. Some of my favorites are Modern Love, The Moth Radio Hour, Beautiful/Anonymous, On Being, and Philosophize This.
3. One of my guilty pleasures is watching cooking reality TV shows, especially The Great British Bake Off. They’re just so kind to each other and they try so hard. I love that show so much.
4. When I was a teenager, one of my favorite YA books was It’s Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini. It was such a raw portrait of depression, and it helped me a lot while navigating the depression and anxiety in my own life. I appreciated its humor and its honesty, and I remember how much it hurt when I learned that the author had taken his life. It made me wish that he had realized how much catharsis and hope his book had given others and also inspired me to write YA fiction as a means of helping queer teens feel less alone.
5. I may or may not be a closet Trekkie (and a very open twenty-one pilots fan). Live long and prosper, friends, and stay alive!
6. I’m a bit of a chocolate snob, which is both a vice and a virtue. My favorites are Ritter Sport, Chocolove, and those chocolate oranges you can get at Christmas time. I also really like Kit-Kats, which is kinda basic but ah, well.
7. Even though I know that they’re not accurate, I like personality tests. They help my simple mind understand a little more about myself and find areas to improve upon in my life. I know they’re not scientifically accurate, but they make me happy—and that’s important, too, on some level. In case you’re wondering, I’m an INFJ Enneagram type 6 wing 5 and, according to the Big 5 test, could probably stand to be less neurotic.